Think uncomplicated design and a subtle and chic colour palette this coming winter, with warm whites like Dulux Whisper White combined with pale grey and accents of putty, rust, grey-green and terracotta.
Creative consultant and stylist for Dulux, Bree Leech, has offered up styling tips to make the most of the latest Winter 2018 colour trends from Dulux, using the Essential Palette to inspire your home’s designer spaces this coming season.
The mood board includes:
• Dulux Whisper White
• Dulux Spanish Olive
• Dulux Design Suede Effects in Century Mist
Related article: Discover the top 2018 trends for window treatments
WINTER 2018 STYLING TIPS FROM BREE LEECH, CREATIVE CONSULTANT, AND STYLIST FOR DULUX:
● Curate your space: The Essential palette is about living with what you love or need. Feature the things that make you happy – items that have meaning or serve a purpose for you – and move away from decor that doesn’t resonate.
● A warm white and grey scheme pairs beautifully with other soft organic shades such as bu tery tan, sand and green-grey.
● Keep highlights tonal and subtle. Add colour, such as dusty pink, terracotta or inky blue to create a focal point in a room or draw attention to interesting architectural features such as architraves or a beautiful ceiling rose.
● A textured wall finish, such as Dulux Design Suede Effect, will add depth and interest to your scheme.
● Accessorise with furniture crafted from simple shapes in raw timber, natural stone and leather.
● Create warmth and character through layers: Combine cushions and throws in a mixture of different materials for a relaxed yet luxurious and inviting feel.
● Embrace imperfection: Incorporate textiles and ceramics with raw edges and hand-finished detailing.
● Add character with artisanal pieces, such as hand-glazed ceramics, hand-loomed cushions, and woven leather baskets.
To learn more about Dulux’s 2018 Colour Trends or to view the eMag visit: dulux.com.au
Styled by Bree Leech. Photographer: Mike Baker